Meeting January 12, 2010                                      Back to Meeting Minutes

Board Members in attendance:
A. Bush, A. Caschera, B. DiBella, D. McDermott, S. Masullo, Y. Mednikov and C. Kress

Coaches and Managers in attendance:
S. Dillenbeck, C. Mulyca, M. Cassano and T. Ward, F. DiMeo, G. Rybici, B. Clark, L. Mastroanni, A. Santabarbara, B. Boniecki, B. Bush, J. Lomonaco, S. Campagano and B. Jones

D. McDermott called the January 2010 monthly board meeting to order at 8:00pm at the Columbo Club, Rotterdam, NY.

Decemebr 8, 2009 Meeting Minutes – Minutes were reviewed. A motion was made by Eugene and seconded by Angelo to approve the minutes as submitted. All in attendance were in favor. Motion carried.

Treasurer's Report - (B. DiBella) Bob presented the treasurer's report and reviewed the summary and transaction report and stated that the account is in good condition as of December 31, 2009. A motion was made by Eugene and seconded by Chet to accept the treasurer’s report as submitted. All in attendance were in favor. Motion carried.

Remind parents that their balance is past due - emails will be sent to parents within the next week.

Registrar's Report – Three teams left to be registered. No team will get their pass unless thaey are completely paid. There is still alot of monies outstanding that needs to get paid. If they cannot pay it all contact Bob ot work out a payment plan.

Travel Team - Coaches need equipment, ice packs, vests, some of these items can be found in the coach’s room. If you cannot find something you need please contact Dave.

Goalie training has two practice slots at this time. Mario sent an email about the lack of attendence at the goalie training. At least one of these slots may be eliminated and will be given to the U8 mixed team. We will also look into additional space at the Boys and Girls club if needed.

Dave has been getting emails about cancelling practice. Club strongly encourages coaches to hold practice no matter how many kids can make it. Next year a tournament may be held during the holiday to better use this space.

Team placement email went out this week and needs to be turned in tonight. They are due to CDYSL on 1/22. For teams that do not have enough kids the club will sign you up at this time and if recruitment efforts are unsuccessful we will pull the team. There are no restrictions on where kids live however you cannot poach kids that are currently playing on a team.

There is a President meeting for CDYSL this Saturday if you have anything you would like Dave to bring to the meeting email him.

An email will be sent this week regarding goalie training.

Spring Tournament - Make sure you get your packet for the tournament. As coaches you need to recruit teams for the tournament. There are fliers included in the packet passed out tonight. Our goal is to have between 90-100 teams. This year the tournament will be held the week before CDYSL starts hopefully this will help with the U8 & U10 slot.

The packet includes a volunteer form for the tournament that needs to be returned to Angie by 3/12. All parents must volunteer or pay $25 in advance of the tournament. The club is trying to solicit ads if any team can sell $300 worth of ads the team will get 50% of the proceeds above the $300. This money can be used for additional tournaments, sessions fees etc.

Old business – Dave showed the new uniform which includes the socks. Angelo will distribute as quickly as possible. Everyone should have both uniforms by the next meeting. Uniforms should not be given to kids on your team that are not paid.

New Business - We are starting a skills training on Saturday nights. Angelo will be running it with players from his varsity team. U12 and under train from 7:30pm – 8:30pm and U14 and up from 8:30pm – 9:30pm the cost is $20 for 8 weeks. We have also discussed bringing in guest trainers. Dave will email coaches fees from the Red Bulls trainers. Club will also look into a trainer from Russell Sage.

With no other topics to be discussed, a motion was made by Bob seconded by Eugene to adjourn the meeting at 9:00pm.

Respectfully submitted,

Angela Bush