Meeting February 11, 2014                                      Back to Meeting Minutes

Board Members in attendance:
A. Bush, B. DiBella, P. Dowse, D. Audette, A. Caschera, B. Esposito, S. Masullo and B. Jones

Coaches and Managers in attendance: T. Volans, T. Zarelli, C. Knauf, C. Waldron, M. Pierson, P. Almodovar, F. Amoroso, B. Groulx and T. Whelan

Pat called the February 2014 monthly board meeting to order at 7:30pm at Columbo Club, Rotterdam, NY

January 14, 2013 Board Meeting Minutes - Minutes were reviewed. A motion was made by Steve and seconded by Bob E. to approve the minutes as submitted. All in attendance were in favor. Motion carried.

Financials - Account stands in good shape as of January 31, 2014. A motion was made by Steve and seconded by Angelo S to accept the treasurer's report as submitted. All in attendance were in favor. Motion carried.

Registrar's Report - None

Building and Grounds - None

Events & Planning Meeting will be held at Pede Bros. Capital Kickoff campaign will be held on February 28 from 6:00-8:00pm. Details will be emailed to rec and travel players.

Skills - Goalie training just finished session 6 there are 2 more for the U10 & U12 check the website for details. There will be another session for the older kids starting this Saturday. February skills camp has 12 kids signed up so far. You can still sign-up please encourage your kids to come from 9-12. There will be 2 college kids helping out.

Spring Soccer - Around the beginning of March Tammy will send an email to the high school coaches. Trying to stick to juniors and seniors coaching the kids. Tammy will update the flyer from last year. Will pass out the uniforms before spring soccer starts. Soccer balls and shinguards will be ordered.

Tournament - Tomorrow they will be discussing the business side of it. Coaches need to start recruiting teams to play in their division. We will have a specific tournament meeting coming up this month. When managers go to indoor games grab a flyer and remind the coach to hand out a flyer to the teams you are playing against. Volunteer forms, shouts, and ads will be emailed out tomorrow they are due at the next meeting. Parents opting out are required to pay $35. If they have multiple children in the program they only have to volunteer with one team. Volunteers will be assigned during the time their child plays. If they would like to switch they can find someone to switch with and notify Angela Bush of the change.

Summer camp - We will have three coaches this year. Trying to get a female coach to come this year. There is another club Chatham that will be sending their kids to our camp and then our coaches will go to their club. The summer camp is 8/4-8/8. In the evening they will be running a clinic for the high school kids.

Travel - Picture day is set-up for March 15th a schedule will be sent out. If we send out the schedule and there are conflicts with games we will work with you. Steve will have forms ahead of time he will leave them at the indoor facility.

Registrar - There are a few changes for state cup that will get submitted this week. Our only issue right now is with u8s. We do not have enough to register the team with a team of girls and a team of boys. Bob will split the team so that Tammy can register as 2 different teams. Tammy will send an email to the coaches and managers when she is ready to start creating guest player passes.

Club paying for tournaments - $275 credit for anything outside of CDYSL play including State Cup, Premiere, etc and then the team pays the remainder. We are looking at other facilities if our fields are not ready in time the club will take care of this expense. Will either be Schenectady High School or Union hopefully will have an answer by Friday.

Coaches need to check the division that you were placed. If you are not happy with the division you need to talk to the coaching director and appeal next week. Send bobd@rysc.org your team name that was listed in your placement form.

The second uniform should be ready in 1-2 weeks. Angelo did not like the uniform when it came in and changed it.

Next month there will not me a membership meeting just a board meeting. At the beginning of the year we had talked about a coaching evaluation mid-year this will get sent out.

With no other topics to be discussed, a motion was made by Steve seconded by Bob D to adjourn the meeting at 8:40pm.

Respectfully submitted,

Angela Bush