Meeting April 10, 2012                                      Back to Meeting Minutes

Board Members in attendance:
A. Bush, B. DiBella, D. McDermott, C. Pratt, P. Dowse, A. Caschera, A. Santabarbara, B. Jones and M. Hart

Coaches and Managers in attendance:
T. Volans, C. Gregg, D. Audette, J. Stagnitti, P. McLaughlin, P. Almodovar, M. Zeh-Cross, G. Sichak, D. Sichak, J. Cintula and S. Dillenbeck

D. McDermott called the April 10, 2012 monthly board meeting to order at 7:30pm at the Columbo Club, Rotterdam, NY.

March 13, 2012 Board Meeting Minutes – Minutes were reviewed. A motion was made by Angelo S. and seconded by Angelo C. to approve the minutes as submitted. All in attendance were in favor. Motion carried.

Treasurer's Report (B. DiBella) - Bob presented the treasurer's report and reviewed the summary and transaction report and stated that the account is in very good condition as of March 31, 2012. A motion was made by Pat and seconded by Michelle to accept the treasurer’s report as submitted. All in attendance were in favor. Motion carried.

Registrar's Report (S. Masullo) - Steve has one group of registration packages expects to have the second next week. Steve will distribute passes and rosters at the fields throughout the week or at the tournament over the weekend. These rosters do not include guest players.

Marketing and Fundraising (P. Dowse) - Pat has the worthy cards with her if your team has not received them yet. The cost of the cards was included in the tuition this year. You will keep any of the money that you collect.

Spring Soccer - About 135 kids registered for spring soccer. Chet is looking for about 5 parent volunteers to help with check-in at the fields on April 28th. Angelo has ordered the soccer balls and Bob will check the shinguard order. Chet is still looking for coaches and assistant coaches, email Chet if kids are interested in coaching.

Travel Teams - The only people in the club that can close the fields are Dave and Angelo. Field closures for any reason will be posted on the CDYSL website, Cancellations will be posted by 4:30pm weekdays and 10:30am on Saturday/Sunday. If the field is not closed your team must show up even in bad weather. Rescheduling games cost the club money make sure if someone else is trying to reschedule CDYSL is aware we are not requesting the reschedule. Bob will give the coach a check at the spring tournament for the referee fees. The check will go to the coach unless you email Bob to let him know. You must have exact change when paying referees.

Spring Tournament - There was a set-up this past weekend with poor attendance. We need about 15 people to volunteer this Saturday to line fields at 9:00am. There will be a company making shirts at the tournament. They will also be making the winner shirts or giving a coupon to upgrade to something more expensive. U10 and U8 will be getting participation medals. Afrim’s would like to set-up a booth at the tournament Dave is checking with Fine-Design.

Lights will be delivered on Wednesday and Thursday we need help setting up the lights and registration packets on Thursday night. Right now we are at 101 teams but we still have a couple of brackets that need teams. The U10 girls B group needs players and the U14 girls A only has two teams. May have the U14 girls play against the U16 teams. Dave went over the preliminary schedule which will get posted on the website by Monday.

Capital Improvements/Equipment - The board is looking for suggestions on capital improvements/equipment that are needed at the fields. Suggestions included benches for the fields and tile in the bathrooms. Board has discussed possibly extending the concession area, new set of U12 rolling goals, and fixing up the bathrooms. Will discuss quotes for both over the summer. Dave will get keys to coaches that need them for the bathrooms. Coaches need to make sure that the nets are anchored. Try to avoid practicing on Field 1 please avoid using this field as much as possible.

Old Business – Nothing to discuss.

New Business - If players only want to play outdoor cost is $100 less. However, at this point they may miss the first game because of the number of registrations with CDYSL at this time.

With no other topics to be discussed, a motion was made by Chris seconded by Bob to adjourn the meeting at 8:14pm.

Respectfully submitted,

Angela Bush