Meeting April 13, 2010                                      Back to Meeting Minutes

Board Members in attendance:
A. Bush, A. Caschera, B. DiBella, D. McDermott, S. Masullo, C. Pratt, C. Smith, Y. Mednikov and C. Kress

Coaches and Managers in attendance:
F. DiCristofaro, T. Ward, M. Hart, B. Clark, K. Cranker, C. Mulyca, S. Campagnano, R. Beerle, A. Santabarbara and A. Iyer

D. McDermott called the April 2010 monthly board meeting to order at 7:30pm at the Columbo Club, Rotterdam, NY.

February 9, 2010 Board Meeting Minutes – Minutes were reviewed. There was no quorum last month so there are no official minutes for March. A motion was made by Chet and seconded by Chris to approve the minutes as submitted. All in attendance were in favor. Motion carried.

Treasurer's Report - (B. DiBella) Bob presented the treasurer's report and reviewed the summary and transaction report and stated that the account is in very good condition as of March 31, 2010. A motion was made by Steve and seconded by Chris to accept the treasurer’s report as submitted. All in attendance were in favor. Motion carried.

Registrar's (S. Masullo) – There are still two teams left to register. There is still a large outstanding balance and players will not receive their passes if they have not paid their balance. If there is a hardship case with a player please, bring it to the board. Steve will hand out passes tonight to those that are able to take them. Otherwise he will have passes at the tournament. See Bob to get your check for the referees for the outdoor season.

Travel Team Update - We shouldn’t have an issue with practice space on the fields this year. Please let Dave know which night you plan to practice. The Alleycat U17 boys will be renting practice space. CDYSL sends the president of the club a master schedule for games on our fields. You may need to adjust your practice if all fields are being used. We will look into some additional goalie training if teams are interested.

Spring Tournament – The volunteer schedule may change with additional teams being added. Especially on Sunday with many U10 teams being added this week. Make sure you remind parents to be there on time for the volunteer slot. The U14 girls B group was cancelled due to lack of teams however a number of the teams may play in the A bracket. We are up to 87 teams at the tournament at this point. The club brought in about $4,200 in sponsors in the ad book. Thursday night we will be at the fields putting together coach’s packets. We may be adding an extra tent due to the weather an additional 20x30. This year we lined the parking lot and will have parking attendants. We will be trying an additional fundraiser called the Sneat. The Sneat will be sold at the tournament to see how it works out. The club will make $4 on each Sneat.

Spring Soccer - Coaches meeting on 3/24 at 10:30 if coaches are interested contact Angie. Guilderland soccer club started their own spring program and would like to have a picnic with the two clubs and have a fun day. It may not be possible for the program this year, more details to come.

Old Business – Fundraiser everyone needs to sell 6 cards. The team keeps $3 of the $10 and the club gets $3 for a scholarship fund. This money will be kept separate and used for kids that cannot afford to play. Discussions are under way to name the fund after someone in the club. If you need additional cards see Dave. The fundraising card money is due at the next board meeting.

New Business - Please email Angie if your team is interested in participating in the Memorial Day parade on May 27th. We need to know by next weekend.

Discussion was held over the new online system for scoring. The referee will also be inputting the information into the system. If there is a problem with the scores CDYSL will be flagging that game.

If you need to reschedule a game you need to contact Dave whether the fields are available. You then contact CDYSL and must notify Dave that it has been approved.

Angelo is doing a pilot this spring with the U14, U16, and U17 girls. Once a week they will be running a practice together with 2-3 coaches running technique, one running speed and agility, and one doing goalie training. He will report back at the end of the season with the other coaches on how the pilot went. This training is something we would like to implement next year. It is great development for all players in the club.

This summer when we had the Frosinone Camp here they invited Chris Hamilton to come and train in Italy. Antonio Viscusi went with him and they also invited him to play. It was a great experience for the players. We will be doing the camp again this year it will be the first week in August (8/2 – 8/7). Look for information on the website http://www.rysc.org.

With no other topics to be discussed, a motion was made by Bob seconded by Eugene to adjourn the meeting at 8:34pm.

Respectfully submitted,

Angela Bush