Meeting July 10, 2012                                      Back to Meeting Minutes

Board Members in attendance:
A. Bush, B. DiBella, D. McDermott, P. Dowse, A. Caschera, B. Jones and M. Hart

D. McDermott called the July 2012 monthly board meeting to order at 7:30pm at the Columbo Club, Rotterdam, NY.

Coaches – Discussed potentially having a U9 and a U10 team for the girls this year. A final decision will be made after the next tryout. Discussed concerns with the coaches at this age group and will need to keep a close eye on the parent coaches. A suggestion was made to bring in specific coaches to run foot skills once a week with each team. The board will look into this further and whether there is someone within the club that would be a good fit for this role. Looking at having an elite team for the girls at the U12 and possibly U16 age groups. Pat will work on a brochure after they get feedback from the parents. Dave will give Pat bullets before next Tuesday for the brochure. Looking at $750 -$800 for the price for the elite team. Brochure will cover what additional benefits this team will get for the cost. Below is the list of coaches that are in place at this time.

Girls
U9 - Angie, Joe, Mo
U10- Pat, Carman (assist)
U12 – premier - Vito/Angelo, Vito, Maurizio
U14 – Bobby Jones (both teams)
U16 – Alaina
U17 – Esposito, DeMarco (assist)

Boys – Need some more coaches
U10 – Cintula, vacant
U12 - Woodrow, vacant
U14 - Gregg

Dave and Cory have discussed concerns with one of our coaches. It seems as though false evaluations were submitted from a team. Dave has received a number of complaints from parents regarding how the coach addresses the kids. There is also a lack of improvement from the players who played for this coach. This will leave us short on coaches for the boys. If anyone has leads on potential coaches please follow-up with Dave.

Placements – after the next placements we will set-up the meetings with the coaches and post the results on the website.

Outdoor Fields - Angelo felt that we could get through the next year with the current tractor. Will look into a new tractor later in the year. Dave will follow-up with Steve on the roof. Would like to get donations for the materials and possibly someone from within the club to do the labor on the roof. The small goals (u8 goals) need to be chained to the bleachers for the summer. Would like to purchase and set-up a net/backstop on field 2 before the summer is over. Septic tank needs to be emptied.

Indoor facility – Angelo is checking on a lift for August so that we can get a group in their to raise the nets. Dave will review the contract for the indoor facility if we are 5 with 5 year renewal at the same price. Next year need to look at whether to renew or look for a new facility.

Budget – Pat will give Dave numbers on last year’s expenses – coaches fee, ref fee, rent, uniforms, field expenses, CDYSL fees. May need to raise the price this year will look at the budget at the next board meeting.

Now that Pat has taken over as treasurer, Michelle will be balancing the checkbook. Bob and Dave will set-up the teams in League Sports Services for next year.

With no other topics to be discussed, a motion was made by Dave seconded by Pat to adjourn the general meeting at 8:55pm. Respectfully Submitted,

Angela Bush