Meeting November 12, 2013                                      Back to Meeting Minutes

Board Members in attendance:
A. Bush, B. DiBella, P. Dowse, A. Caschera, M. Hart, S. Masullo, D. Audette, B. Esposito, A. Santabarbara and B. Jones

Coaches and Managers in attendance: T. Volans, J. Masi, F. Amoroso and T. Whelan

Minutes were reviewed. A motion was made by Angelo C and seconded by Michelle to approve the minutes as submitted. All in attendance were in favor. Motion carried.

Financials – Account stands in vey good shape as of November 30, 2013. Fall rec program made a good profit. On the website travel team managers can see the a/r to help out the treasurer. If you need a username and password for the page contact Bob DiBella.

Afrim's - CDYSL will be sending out an email regarding the Thanksgiving tournament. Will likely be a sellout tournament in many age groups so register soon. Divisions usually close out about 2 weeks before the tournament. Some age groups were overbooked last year and this year they will close out ages groups to prevent this from happening again. The holiday tournament will be the weekend after Christmas Friday, Saturday, & Sunday. Will Graham will be running a Christmas camp. Afrim’s can potentially workout payment plans for kids that need them. Winter 2 session will start 1/1/14 so that the U14 boys will not be playing as late at night as last session. Plan to cut-down on the number of teams that they take in each division so get signed up as early as possible. Session 2 will be open next week. Trying to be as accommodating as possible for teams but cannot manage all of the requests coming in. On November 21 there will be a hearing in the town of Colonie about the new facility. RYSC will write a letter of support regarding the facility.

Financial Assistance - Forms have been approved. We have not awarded any full scholarships as we are looking for families to pay at least $100. Letters will be sent to the families. We have almost reached our limit for scholarships for this year. We have implemented an application form in the past two years and we do coordinate with the manager. We have also asked that they give back to the club with volunteer work.

We have come to an agreement with Pede Bros regarding new indoor space. We will be at State Street until the end of June and then be moving to open space at Pede Bros. In order to accomplish this we need to set-up a committee to help with fundraising and logistics on the move. The meeting will be held on December 4.

Goalie Training - Bob Dibella will offer training starting in December targeting the u10 and u12 players. Coaches and managers will be emailed details and they will be posted on the website. If you have an older player that needs assistance talk to Bob.

Vacation camps – Feb 17-21 and April 14-18 we will be hosting camps. More details coming soon

Spring Soccer - Tammy Volans and Pat Dowse will run spring soccer again this year. Would like to do registration and uniforms the week before. Looking to start Spring Soccer May 3. Would like to have an interest meeting in March.

Uniform order forms were delivered to team managers. This will also get emailed to all managers. Uniforms will be in by November 22 the earlier you get the order form in the better. Please get the order form in by 11/22. This year the uniform will be red or blue.

First Aid/CPR training has been set-up with Mohawk Ambulance the training is tonight and again on 11/19.

There are a number of teams very close to being registered the sooner you can get them in the better. Ignore the code regarding risk management if you know you submitted last year. If you are not sure Tammy will email you if you need to do risk management. Pat would like a roster for each team please get them to her ASAP. If there is something important that needs to be addressed ASAP by the registrar send Tammy a text at 598-4179.

U14 girls just lost 6 players we need to implement changes that they must commit immediately after placements. You must register in the system before October 1 or you will not be able to practice.

Old Business - Nothing at this time.

New Business - Nothing at this time.

With no other topics to be discussed, a motion was made by Bob D seconded by Bob E to adjourn the meeting at 9:59pm.

Respectfully submitted,

Angela Bush